Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Hieronymus Bosch


Hieronymus bosch- Garden of Earthly Delights

I have always been amazed by this painting. I can appreciate the story it tells. Anyone can see that Bosch was trying to show his view of humans based on religion. The first panel shows the appearance of creation. God is giving life to Adam and Eve. The Second panel shows descendants of Adam and Eve. They are shown in a world full of sin. And finally, the third panel shows Hell. I love the third panel because most people don't give detailed opinions of what they think hell would be like. Most people think of Hell being just flames and a guy with horns. I'm not saying that hell is like this. I guess I have always loved the garden of Earthly Delights because I can appreciate Bosch's portrayal of Hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment